Wednesday 25 July 2012

CPL - Beliefs in Writing

I found this session very insightful.  Being given the opportunity to reflect on what I think my beliefs in writing are. Having to come up with a top 5, here is what I came up with:

  1. Everyone has the capacity to write, writing can be taught, and teachers can help students to become better writers/ Composing occurs in different modalities and technologies.
  2. Writing and reading are related.
  3. Writing grows out of many different purposes.
  4. Writing is a process.
  5. Assessment of writing involves complex, informed, human judgement.
It was amazing the common beliefs that we shared as a staff, with reading and writing are related and writing is a process.  One that I would like to see in the top is my number 1 as this states expectations in students and our schools ICT capabilities.  

One thing that has sat with me since this session is that I need to make explicit to my students that they write every day, all day for a range of different purposes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment