Focuses for the day:
- What do we want to achieve today?
- Big Picture - working in school over day?
- Set up Inquiry
- Plan content staff meeting
- Class observations
- Self-regulation - Writing
- Resources: Teaching Writing 1-3 Building strong foundation, Teaching Writing 4-6 Increasing Progress, Accelerating Writing Progress 7/8
Reading - Self Regulated Learning in Writing
Empowering Students to Become Self-Regulating Writers: The Journey of One Class
Self regulated learners are able to identify their strengths and weakness. How am I currently doing this? Having reflection at the end of writing. I need to make this a formal process where the kids will record their reflection.
Explicit modelling and teaching in saturation is the key. I know this works and does lead to student ownership. Taking time to go through all the explicit features and then going back to looking at creating a success criteria break down together. I need to set up conferencing groups.