Monday 25 March 2013

Where too!!!

Students have completed their measurement tests.  On the test there was a possible 9 marks associated with time.  I have had my students anaylsis what each one got out of 10.  From there we set goals.  Over the next two weeks I plan to teach time.  As I need to focus on my modeling of measurement, I have started with my students making clocks.  Once we discussed what the scale means we made different times on our clock faces.  I then introduced them to am and pm as well as writing 24 hour time on their clock face.

Other modelling options that I am looking at is having my students who are masters at time teaching with pairs of students to support them.  While I work with a group.  I have located some mimio tools to help model time with the clock and also looked at games to reinforce time.

So where to from here?

I am going to use a modelling book when working with the group.  My goal is to spend 5 minutes on the concept then allow students who are confident to move on on their own.  After this point I am going to work with the group together and slowly send students off.  I am focusing modelling to students and questioning their knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment